Education is a career area that allows for great diversity and many challenges. Most people can find something that fits their talents, interests, and abilities within education. Of course, teaching is the education career field that immediately comes to mind, but there are many more.
A school can be compared with a small city or a large company, requiring many of the same services. From administration to provision, from cafeteria to curriculum development, from library to records-keeping, from plant management to finances, from security to student health, from human resources to performing arts, education careers have something for everyone. Everyone can play a part in creating an environment that nurtures learning, launches the next generation, and prepares students to make a positive contribution to the world.
The following are a few more of the many fields available within education to the individual who is willing to prepare, commit and grow, work hard, sacrifice, learn, and invest oneself in the future of others to secure a better future for us all.
- Become an Art Teacher With a Degree in Art Education
- Become a Physical Education Teacher: Job Description
- Become a Reading Teacher or Reading Specialist
- Become a School Psychologist
- Becoming an English Teacher
- Elementary Education Degree: Become an Elementary Teacher
- It Sounds So Sweet: Becoming a Music Teacher
- Read About the Most Common ESL Jobs
- School Counseling Programs: Becoming a School Counselor
- Special Education Teacher: Get Your Special Education Degree
- Teaching EFL: Programs to Teach English Abroad
- Teaching English as a Second Language Resource Center
- Teaching Scholarships and College Financial Aid Information